26 Sept 2011

Saturday PM paddle on Loch Lomond from Rowerdenan 23-7-11

THE chance to get out on the boat is always welcome, so a Saturday afternoon paddle to Loch Lomond was again on the cards, but, this time launching from the east side and further up from the usual splash in at Millarrochy Bay, at Rowerdenan.
A wee sneaky drive into the 'Lodges' before the pub at the end of the road and park up at the beach side gave an easy launch as the usual jet skiis and speedy boats readied themselves for their blasts up and down the loch.


My luncheon spot on Rowchoish promentary with the hills of 415m high Cruach Tairbeirt above Tarbet and the Munroe of Ben Narnain and its cracking ridge of A' Chrois on horizon.


 Firstly, launch from Rowerdenan as the boats prepare to go do their stuff on a gorgeous day in July.



 Ben Lomond, and her Ptarmigan Ridge, towers over Rowerdenan Pier.
Just shortly after this I paddled past the pier and rounded the point at the youth hostel to see a 'head' above the water.. snorting and snuffling.
I have to admit to being taken aback and not realising what it was at first and wondered if it was some sort of 'Loch Monster' I had discovered..?
Naw, it was a seal that had ventured into the loch via the River Leven following Salmon in from the Clyde.. it spotted me and snorted loudly and disappeared.. I laughed at/ to myself for thinking about sea monsters!!


 Meanwhile, back at Rowchoish and it was dinner time or just chilling out watching the fishermen drift past plus the 'tourist' boats with waving tourists taking snaps of the mental guy sat on a lonely beach.

 Looking south down Loch Lomond from Rowchoish..


 He comes cap in hand and in peace... good grief.. :-)

 At rest...


 I watched the tourists pass and waved and they stopped what they were doing and some took pix of me sitting on my chair watching them watch me taking pix of them.. :-)


 Interesting rock formations just next to my chair.. No, I didn't get off to take the picture.. 


 Still looking south down Loch Lomond


 No, not the seal I spotted earlier, but still a loch monster in his own right.. wi wellies oan!..



 On way home I passed the Rowerdenan Hotel (ahead) a great wee pub for Guinness

 And turning round to face north I had Rowerdenan Pier and the tip of the Ben's Ptarmigan Ridge on show.


And, there she is again, Ben Lomond, just can't get enough.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment