14 Sept 2011

Afternoon paddle on Loch Lomond-12-7-11

IT'S always good to look out the window at work to see your car sitting in the car park with a big yella Kayak on the roof as you know you'll be on the water an hour after you finish work!
So, it was straight down to Millarochy Bay on the banks of Loch Lomond for a couple of hours peace and quiet straight after work on a Tuesday.


Lunchstop on the north east of Inchlonaig with the broad shoulders of Ben Lomond watching over to see what I have in my lunch box this time!




But, before that, A gentle launch from the Millarochy Bay and a wee glide through the moored yachts, and through swarms of midgies!

A wee float past Blair farm beach with the 'Ben sneaking into the picture again


On Blair Farm beach a flock of Canadian Geese watched me float by.

It really astonishes me the wide and varied life living on and around and in Loch Lomond.
Here, a wee 'tree' has found roots on a rock of all places, and seems to have been here a long time going by its size.


A wee tree and its rocky roots.

Good grief.. :-)

Oh, the new Werner paddle makes an appearance at the beach.


The wee beach I passed on the way to Strathcashell Point.


As I crossed Loch Lomond from Strathcashell Point to Inchlonaig another gorgeous view of Ben Lomond appeared.

Lunchstop on the north east of Inchlonaig with the broad shoulders of Ben Lomond watching over to see what I have in my lunch box this time!




The north east of Inchlonaig has a couple of wee cute beaches to stop in and I was greatly relieved to find them EMPTY...



On the way home the Loch Lomond Sea Plane took off near-by and flew over my head quite closely.


Nature's spotlight...

No comments:

Post a Comment