27 Aug 2011

First Paddle in Alan's 'Shearwater' on Loch Lomond 4-8-10

AND so it begins
Well, after succumbing to years of e-mails containing the most gorgeous images from the west coast of Scotland from my good friend Alan Lindsay and his Kayak trips with his SCA (Scottish Canoe Association) chums, I bought a Capella 161 from Kari Tec, in Ayrshire.
But, not before my good friend Alan had taken me across Loch Lomond, me in his elderly Shearwater and he in his very expensive new Malin rocket-ship.

Me in Alan's Shearwater.. but, what a great day and that was me hooked, especially with Ben Lomond watching over us.
Alan being very upright
We ended up 'doing' lunch on the north of Inchmurrin


Lunch stop on north of Inchmurrin before heading over to the east coast and up through the narrows...
Alan and his ponchon for collecting fire wood for his Kelly Kettle.
 Kelly Kettle man, Alan Lindsay


First paddle - 20km - and hookedness... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment